You’ve made the sale. Now, what happens in the background? Well, it might seem complex but at Path Coffee Roasters we’ve developed a customized and thoroughly refined coffee dropshipping process to receive, roast, pack, and ship your private branded coffee to your customer.
Below are the seven steps to getting your coffee through our production process and to your customer’s cup.
The Seven Steps – Receiving To Shipping Your Coffee Dropshipping Orders
- Shipstation will reach out to your site and pull down any new coffee dropshipping orders. Those orders will go into the cue and are tagged to let us know if there is coffee in them that we need to roast and fulfill. This particular tag is significant because many of our dropshipping coffee customers also drop-ship other non-coffee items. By implementing our unique and specific SKUs for each coffee item that we’re going to fulfill, our Shipstation account lets us know that there is coffee present in the order we need to be aware of. If an order comes in and there is no tag, we know that the order doesn’t contain any coffee items, and we can delete the order from our system.
- We will fulfill each dropshipping order by hand and get it out the door to your customer as quickly as we can. We endeavor to get each order out within 3-4 business days from having received it. Since we do not have stock coffee sitting on the shelf, each bag is made fresh.
- Once orders are shipped and scanned in at the post office or UPS, Shipstation is notified and sends your customer an automated, branded notification that the order was shipped. You are bcc’d all notifications sent by Shipstation to your customers.
- Shipstation also notifies your store, and the order updates from pending to completed, or whatever your store’s version of that is. Your store should also display the tracking number now.
- If your customer chooses to track their order using the automated notification link they receive, they are sent to your custom branded tracking page with your information and logo.
- Once the order is delivered, a final delivery notification is sent to your customer from Shipstation and again you are bcc’d on that as well. This keeps you fully in the loop with what is happening regarding shipping.
- Your customer opens the package, inhales the fantastic aroma of freshly roasted specialty coffee, and jumps for joy that they chose your brand over the other guy.
In the end, the process is quite simple and in many cases automated. This means you can sit back and focus on the important role of brand ambassador and key marketer so your business can succeed.
Path Coffee Roasters is located in Port Chester, NY, where we roast and package all our coffees weekly for our wholesale, retail, and dropshipping customers.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions. We’re here to help.