You love coffee; you love the idea of having your own business, now comes the challenge of figuring out how to marry the two. Some people think buying green coffee and roasting it themselves is the only way to build their brand and control the process. Others look at their skillset and decide that sourcing green coffee, roasting it precisely, packaging, and shipping to the customers isn’t the best use of their time and capital.
As a specialty-focused coffee roaster, we think that the second option makes the most sense. Let Path Coffee Roasters do all the green coffee sourcing, roasting, packaging, and shipping, and you focus on building a great site or relationships with local businesses.
How do you get started, you’re wondering? Here is a quick list of what we believe you need to start your coffee business and avoid any brewed awakening. That’s right, brewed awakening.
Here are the 10 steps to starting your coffee brand
- Please choose your company name and get it registered. You don’t want to spend time and money to realize someone else owns your name and is coming to shut you down.
- Secure the domain name and any others that you might use in the future. Domains are like real estate; they aren’t making more, so get yours quickly.
- Start building out your site using Woocommerce, Shopify, or Squarespace. Woocommerce is the plugin we use on Word Press, so we can help walk you through that setup and suggest specific plugins to maximize your service. Regardless, ShipStation can connect to a wide variety of services so we can receive your orders.
- Research your market and understand who your target audience/customer is. Start tailoring your marketing to that customer through social media and paid advertising.
- If you are located in the US, get your Tax ID number so that we can sell you coffee as a wholesale customer. We will need this information as part of our setup process.
- Visit https://pathcoffees.com/specialty-coffee-dropshipping-program/. Fill out the form at the top, and you will receive an automated email with tons of valuable information on our private label drop shipping program. Also, at the bottom are essential links to forms we need, pricing, and our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv9OhIOD2dd9GQ_OPvj2Qw?view_as=subscriber).
- Decide on your packaging. There are a few options here, so take your time to decide what is best for your new or existing business. You can watch our coffee packaging video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtohoEEYUZo&t=2s)
- Finalize your labels. Either you can send them to us from a printer, or we can print them out using our label stock.
- Choose the coffee you want to offer, or offer our full menu. Totally up to you and the market you’re going after.
- Start selling once we have established the connection between your site and our ShipStation account. We will also do a few test orders to ensure that the info is coming over correctly and that you have the items set up with all the information we will need to fulfill accurately.
That’s a quick outline of the steps you’ll take to get your new or existing coffee brand off the ground through our private label coffee dropshipping program here at Path Coffee Roasters.
Path Coffee Roasters is located in Port Chester, NY, where we roast and package all our coffees weekly for our wholesale, retail, and dropshipping customers.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions. We’re here to help.